September 2019: Rift

I made a card game. I didn't really keep detailed information about the process of creating it, so I won't have much in terms of content to post here, but I wanted to make a post about the thing that has been consuming my mind and my time during the month of September.

The assets for this project are not original at this time, and the whole concept is pretty tightly based on League of Legends. I am pondering making the effort to convert the game itself to my own "intellectual property" so that I can share it with a wider audience or perhaps even sell it. I say "pondering" because I am not entirely convinced that I would like to do so. However it is on my mind.

The game is currently undergoing a play test, which is going very well. It is a coherent game that is fun to play, but in need of some streamlining. My project right now is to streamline the cards so that some of the problems identified so far can be fixed to aid in further play testing.

After the reprints are completed and a couple more play tests are performed, I will be packaging the entire idea and shipping it to a close friend in Ohio, but I will catalog that as a separate project. For now, the project I must finish is to wrap up these reprinted cards and pull out their original counterparts.

So far, I've redesigned the cards (Photoshop) and printed them out on the paper (Staples). The next steps are to book, glue, cut, edge and coat the cards. After that I will give them a couple of days to cure and then this part of the project will be officially over.

Comments